The siren call of starting a business on the Internet is hard to resist. Work when you want, do it from home, make lots of money (even when you’re asleep) – what’s not to like, right? You’d be a fool not to jump in and start building that website or writing a blog! Its a dream come true. But wait,
When most people start out online they do not know what they are doing. Many of us can barely send email.
Most successful internet marketers are naturally curious, however, and that is what propels them on to the next level of their business. They never stop learning and they do get better all of the time.
As you get started on your quest, there are a few internet terms that you may have heard but may not be familiar as to how they would apply to you or even what they mean . So firstly a quick overview of what these terms mean might shed a little light on this. This is just a basic list of the most common terms.
2. Residual income
4. Domain name
6. Capture page
9. Email autoresponder
Although the overall list is extensive, these would be the most common, everyday terms you not only need to familiarize yourself with , but you will want to focus on for the short term.
1. Affiliate – Most services, systems or programs that you become involved with, will likely consider you as a partner of that particular company (an affiliate). There is usually a set amount of money (income) that you can earn each time you send or refer a new “partner” to use that same service, system or program. If you are paying a montly fee for that service, then chances are, so will the person you refered. So lets assume that your company pays out $5 per month for each referal of yours that utilizes the service. While $5 in itself doesnt seem like its worth the trouble, if you had 10 people using the service, it would add up to $50 per month. If you were to have 5 different companies you are an affiliate of, each one paying you $5 per person you refer, now you have an additional $250 per month. There are countless companies that pay much higher than this scenario. How about $50 per referal every month or $100. As you can see, your income could become quite substantial. And if you were to get this income on a regular monthly basis , then it is what is known as ….
2. Residual income- which is basically an income that you recieve month after month as long as you are an Affiliate of the company where your referrals are paying a monthly fee. Chances are, you may not know how to get people interested in your company, or your affiliate program. So what most people do, is create an offer, or advertisement, promoting a particular affiliate program. However, you need a location to put all your information and affiliate links, this is where you will probably need your own….
3. Website- this is your home base, where people all over the world will find out about you and the services or products you have to offer. This is also the place where they can find all of your affiliate links to join your particular company. A website is basically a group of pages that you have designed and put together in a collective group for others to search and find items, articles, services or just general information. All these pages will be placed under a single location with its own address known as a….
4. Domain name-A domain name is a name that identifies your website. For example, www.Boblyle.com is this web site’s domain name. Each website has a domain name that serves as an address, which is used to access the website.
Whenever you visit a website, the domain name appears in the address bar of the web browser. All domain names have a domain suffix, such as .com, .net, or .org.
Domain names are relatively cheap to register, though they must be renewed every year or every few years. The good news is that anyone can register a domain name, so you can get your own unique domain name for your blog or website. Now that you have your own website, your going to need visitors to that website, this is what is most commonly known as …..
5. Traffic- simply put, is the amount of people that comes to visit a website, There are many ways of driving traffic to a website on the internet; and you can find ways to generate website traffic in your own unique special way. We will discuss some of these ways in an upcoming message.
There are two types of website traffic. Targeted website traffic
Targeted website traffic is exactly what it sounds like. Basically promoting your website or business in a certain way, to get a specific group of people visiting your website.
Un-Targeted website traffic is basically promoting your website or business to get any type or group of people visiting your website. It’s what you call general traffic, for any group of people.
Increasing website traffic takes time and skills for anyone. As you start getting traffic to your offer or site, you will want to “capture” some information from the traffic to send offers in the future, you will need some sort of …..
6. Capture page-A Lead Capture Page, also called a squeeze page, is a web page with the purpose of acquiring the name and email address of the visitor. Mostly this is done by offering something for free which has a high perceived value in exchange for the visitor filling out the opt-in form on the page. By submitting his data (opting-in) the visitor agrees to receive mailings from the person offering the free gift and thereby becoming a …..
7. Lead- The basic definition of a lead is someone who has completed the task of filling out your capture page, squeeze page, or other form requiring their information. Web forms are commonly completed to ask a question or download a free offer. Just about anyone can complete such a form. Those who submit the forms are considered leads even though they may not have the authority, resources, or intent to purchase. These leads are just the beginning to your ….
8. List- A list is basically just that. Its a list of the leads that you produced by offerring something to them in exchange for their email or other information. This list will become a crucial part of your success as an affiliate,so dont regard these as simply “visitors”. You will want to take all the necessary steps to assure you can capture as much information as possible from every visitor. In the future they will recieve offers from you regarding products or services that you can sell to them time and time again. You will do this by getting yourself a service known as an…
9. Email autoresponder-This is the location where you will set up different emails for your list to recieve your future offer (s). This can be set up in a number of different ways such as a series of preset emails to be delivered to your list after they have filled out your capture page. You can also send broadcast style messages to the entire list, even to those that have been all the way through your email series. With most services, you can target a specific group or a group that has performed a certain task, such as opening a certain message or even a group that has not opened a specific message. The possibilities are endless.
We need to understand that the Internet is not a magical place or some sort of money- making machine. It helps you in reaching out to millions of people who use the Internet daily. If you want to grow and make more money, you have to market your product or service. In other words, you need to make people aware of your business. The internet provides the provides the fastest and cheapest way to communicate, and it becomes an excellent medium to market your business. More people reach succesful financial goals faster today than any other time in our history, all due to the power of the World Wide Web. Following the system I am sharing with you, puts you in the drivers seat for a future that many dream of, but few achieve. Welcome to the world of Internet Marketing.
Get Your Own Automated Income System HERE
Below is a list of related topics you will find right here on this site
Don’t be Fueled by Unrealistic Expectations